Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Girls Hack Day by Iridescent Learning & CoderDojo NYC
Sunday, January 27, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EST)
New York, NY
- 10:00-10:15 - Welcome, introduction. Get to know your mentor and teammates.
- 10:15-11:00 - CrystalBall—everyone creates this app together, step-by-step, following along with instructor. Once students have mastered the basic version of the app, they can modify it by changing the options, designing it with new colors and fonts, adding sound, etc.
- 11:00-12:00 - PaintPot. Instructor introduces the lesson and everyone works on it in pairs. When everyone has finished, instructor explains concepts covered in the lesson.
- 12:00-1:00 - MoleMash. Instructor introduces the lesson and everyone works on it in pairs. This is one of the more difficult lessons, so we recommend that the instructor be familiar with it.
- 1:00-1:30 - Lunch Break
- 1:30-2:00 - Finish MoleMash. Instructor can guide everyone through difficult points as a group if students are having trouble with it.
- 2:00-3:00 - Create your own app. Everyone creates their own app (either in pairs or individually). This is just for fun, not for the final competition. Students simply practice the concepts they learned so far and create any kind of app they want.
- 3:00-4:00- No Text While Driving. Instructor introduces the lesson and everyone works on it in pairs. When everyone has finished, instructor explains concepts covered in the lesson.